Oriental rugs come from Eastern cultures and peoples. With roots in China, Mongolia, Vietnam, Turkey and more, these rugs tell stories as diverse as their roots.
Original craftsmen and artisans weaved colors and design themes representative of their time and place into each Oriental rug. Hand-woven rugs represent the height of an ancient and traditional craft.
Special Characteristics for Unique Beauty
Fine Oriental rugs feature some very special characteristics. These include:
• Hand-woven knot patterns depicting various design trends over the centuries
• All natural yarns from sheep’s wool or worm’s silk
• Natural vegetable dyes from local vegetation
• Strength of foundation, fringing and all side weaves due to hand construction
• Durability, quality and brilliance